1. Come up with 3 words that describe your style.
I suggest sitting down with paper and a pen and writing down every word that comes to mind when you think of your clothes and your style. Wild, edgy, sexy, girly, sporty, casual, fun etc. Begin narrowing them down to 3 depending on how you want to appear 90% of the time. The other 10% is for lounge wear - sweats and yoga clothes included.
2. Pull every clothing item out of your closet and drawers.
The goal here is you want to look at your clothes with a new perspective and in order to achieve that you need to take your clothes out of their normal environment.
3. Sort each item and place them into matching piles - and be specific.
For example: take all of your tops and separate them into these piles such as: skinny tanks, sleeveless shirts, t-shirts, long sleeve, blouses
4. Touch everything individually. Ask yourself how it makes you feel. If there’s joy and utter happiness it stays. Anything that gives you neutral or negative feelings goes. The idea here to be surrounded by only the things you love and that make you really really happy. Can you imagine what that’s like?
5. After you decide what you’re going to keep take a look at those 3 style words from step 1 that you decided on. Does every clothing item match at least one of those 3 words?
If not, pass it on.
I hope your newly organized closet gives you inspiration every time you open the door. And ideas for new outfits and the courage to wear them out.
Please share your experiences below!